Baked Potatoes with Creamy Spinach and Tuna
Cosy up with a crispy filled baked potato. Everything you need is all in this perfect little package. It can be par cooked and finished in the oven when you are ready. It is a gluten free recipe.
You will need –
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 2-3 cups baby spinach leaves washed and steamed
- 1 cup tuna in oil, drained
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Rub the potatoes with the oil and then the salt. This will make the inside fluffy and the outside crispy
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork a couple of times
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for 45- 60 minutes
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar in a mixing bowl
- Squeeze the steamed spinach until all the moisture has drained away and then add it to the cream cheese mix
- Remove the top of the potato and scoop out the inside, leaving a rim around the edged on the bottom and then break or chop the potato into chunks.
- Carefully stir the potato and tuna through the cream cheese mixture so you don’t break up the chunks too much. Season with salt and pepper and pile into the potato shells.
- Bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Hint – any leftover mix makes a yummy potato salad for another day
Back to Blog Page