Pistachio and Rose Mother’s Day Cupcakes
These pretty, moist, delicately flavoured cupcakes are a wonderful way to say I love mum!
They are so simple, everything gets whipped up in the food processor.
Hint -if you are not a fan of buttercream frosting then add a couple of drops of rosewater to some whipped cream and serve it on or beside the cupcakes.
For the cake – you will need:
- 150g shelled unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 150g butter, cut into cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- green food colouring (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Line 12-hole muffin tray with patty pans.
- Add pistachios, sugar and butter into the food processor and blitz until everything is creamy.
- Add the eggs, milk, vanilla and flour (add the food colouring one drop at a time) and blitz again in short bursts until everything is combined.
- Spoon equal amounts into each patty pan making sure that are no more than 3/4 full.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a skewer to see if they are cooked. It will come out clean if they are.
- Cool on a wire rack. When they are completely cool top with the rose buttercream
Rose Scented Buttercream – you will need:
- 150g butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1tsp rose water
- 1 -2 tbs milk
- pink food colouring (optional)
- Cream the butter
- Sift in the icing sugar and beat until pale and fluffy
- Add half the amount of rosewater, taste to see if you need to add the rest.
- 4. Add as much milk as you need to get the consistency you require. Hint – the more you beat the icing, the fluffier it will be.
Dish up this delight and enjoy on Mother’s Day!
Back to Blog Page